Tariff & Travel Cancellation
Minimum Daily Package
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals.
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay.
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights).
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours.
It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
- The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast
only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis. The Royal Government of Bhutan
sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to
arrival in Bhutan.
If confirmed tours are to be cancelled, it is subject to a cancellation charges as follows.
- 45 days or more prior to arrival date in Bhutan - no charges
- 30 days or more prior to arrival date in Bhutan--20% charges
- 20 days or more prior to arrival date in Bhutan--30% charges
- 15 days or prior to arrival date in Bhutan--50% charge
- Less than 15 days prior to arrival date in Bhutan--no refund
- An administration fee of $75 will be applicable for all cancelled tours
Cancellation of your flight tickets is subject to the following cancellation and refund rules.
- 100% refund for tickets cancelled more than 30 days prior to date of travel.
- 50% refund for tickets cancelled between 20 and 30 days prior to date of travel.
- No refund for tickets cancelled within 20 days of arrival date in Bhutan.
- An administration fee of $25 per ticket will be applicable for all cancelled tickets.
- No refund is given for the passengers who fail to show up for a flight or the No Show tickets.
- Rescheduling is permitted for the No Show tickets with charges, but once rescheduled; tickets are non-refundable and non-reroutable.
These are as follows:
- Single individual - US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only - US$ 30 per person per night
- There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount
on daily rates and 100% discount on Royalty. This Royalty is currently set at $65 per day.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall also be given a 25% discount on the Royalty.
- A discount of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.